Chicago Wolves Group Event Specialist
Position reports to Director of Program Development Stefanie Evans (email@example.com)
Ticket Sales department co-managed by Sr. Director of Corporate Alliances Dave Pawelek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
& Sr. Executive Director of Ticket Sales Kevin Dooley (email@example.com)
The Group Event Specialist is responsible for selling group ticket packages, conception of new group initiatives, suites, party decks, hospitality rooms, and building new group ticket programs-themed game days.The ideal candidate is an aggressive sales professional ready to grow an existing customer base and develop new business. This will be accomplished through diligent research and prospecting via phone calls, referrals, personal appointments, networking, and face-to-face meetings at Wolves events and games. We are seeking candidates who are interested in sales success, not for candidates “looking to get into sports.” Only those candidates with proven sales, event, and hospitality backgrounds will be considered.
- Schedule face-to-face meetings with prospective client, minimum four per week.
- Make a minimum 50 outbound sales calls per day in an effort to drive group revenue
- Create and develop new group sales concepts to generate new revenue streams
- Prospecting through involvement in local and area networking opportunities
- Actively prospect new business through area businesses, organizations, and in-house database leads both in the office and out
- Schedule prospect meetings at Wolves games and other events
- Exceed weekly and monthly sales goals
- Provide superior customer service to clients, existing ticket holders, prospects, and single-game customers
- Track all contacts with customers via Wolves CRM software
- Other gameday duties as assigned
- Desire to follow best practices and industry trends
- Required to help support and work all group initiatives
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation
- Strong organizational and even stronger time management skills
- Excellent oral communication, customer service, and presentation skills
- Ability to function in fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and be a team player while working well with other departments
- High energy; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently
- Positive attitude with an openness to learning
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to move around the arena to visit clients during home games and to escort and show potential customers various seating options and other on-site facilities
- Available to work flexible hours including holidays, evening, and weekends (Heavy from October-April).
- Relationship selling experience a plus.
- Proven ability and passion for sales.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prior experience in sales, promotions, marketing, hospitality, and/or events along with possessing great communication skills is mandatory, along with a proven record of sales achievements.
- Must have three professional references who will speak to your prior sales success and dynamic, competitive personality.
Preferred Method of Contact:
When replying please include the following: How did you become aware of this position? For example, Linkedin, Teamwork Online, friend, etc...
It is important to specify which position you are applying for.
Please email, fax or mail cover letter, resume, and references to the following. Please no phone calls.
The Chicago Wolves are an equal opportunity employer.